Social Intranet Vendor Selection
Enterprise Collaboration Facts:
- The rise of social networking tools in our day to day lives has led to the same functionality being reflected on intranets but in a way that can help people get work done.
- Employees now expect the tools they are used to using on social networking sites on their intranet.
- Intranets are becoming more social and people centric. Employees are looking to shift from ‘knowledge is power’ to people actually being recognized and rewarded for their contributions back into the system.
- Users now expect to get answers to questions readily on their intranet and use tools including Activity Streams, Group discussions and knowledge bases.
Selecting a a new vendor does not have to be risky, difficult or time consuming. We guide you through a highly effective, tried and tested method which simplifies the process and ultimately helps you make the right choice. We typically help our customers with the following stages of the process:
- When evaluating your current platform
- When embarking on selecting a new vendor
Process and benefits
Our process focuses on:
- A thorough identification of internal priorities rather than of isolated projects
- A short RFP rather than extensive requirement lists
- Focus on dialogue with potential implementation partners rather than on tools and systems and check lists
- No need for a long requirement specification
- You avoid common pitfalls and minimize risk
- You ensure that you receive qualified, more transparent and comprehensible proposals from the vendors
- You get an impartial basis for comparison and a realistic overview of what is achievable within your budget
- You avoid investing in an unnecessarily expensive and complicated system
- You will be equipped to make a much more qualified decision
If you are considering whether to change system within the next year or two, you will undoubtedly be discussing a number of questions:
- Is it critical to change or upgrade right now or would our current platform be adequate for a while still?
- Which types of systems and implementation partners should we consider?
- What are the financial implications in the different scenarios?
- How do we create a business case for changing a system?
We guide you through the process, ensuring that:
- Your current platform is compared and assessed in relation to current market and industry standards
- You will have a clear overview of the requirements of the respective key stakeholders in your organisation, such as editors, administrators and management
- You will make critical decisions early in the process – before you end up with a burning platform
- You will develop a safe roadmap for your platform strategy
The number of inevitable tasks involved in selecting a new platform for the website or intranet is daunting. You will need to write requirement specifications, send material to vendors and assess the proposals you receive. We can guide you safely through the entire process.
The project could follow the following template:
- We have an initial meeting about the process where we identify and discuss your priorities and requirements
- You finalize the request for proposal on your own or with our assistance
- We develop a list of relevant vendors to approach
- We assist you with the evaluation of the incoming proposals and ultimately the final decision
- We advise you on the contract and on getting the project off the ground to a good start
Contact us for an informal discussion about your project