As the guys in this video. Everybody wants to get as much online traffic as possible (1 million views in their case )
You won’t achieve it from day one. But if that’s your goal here are 6 tips on how to get there.
1. Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
SEO is the process of affecting the visibility of a website or a web page in a search engine’s un-paid search results. Find out what your customers are searching for and create copy, landing pages and content that answer their queries. But be aware that if/when Google changes its algorithm, your traffic can change considerably.
Referrals can be a valuable source of user growth because people are more likely to convert when they have a recommendation coming from a trusted source. Some tactics for encouraging referrals include:
- incentivizing users with premium services or content
- allowing people to brag about their accomplishments
- allowing users to create content that they want to share with friends
- making their experience better in some way by having more friends use the product
It’s important not to force referrals, and instead have it be a natural use of the product.
3. Traditional Media
- When reaching out to journalists, keep emails short and personalized and have a differentiated subject line.
- See who’s writing about your competitors, reach out them, and differentiate yourself.
- Be a thought leader in your space — reporters will reach out to your for data or your opinion.
- Position yourself as part of a trend that media companies are frequently covering.
- Use LinkedIn to see if you have mutual connections with the reporter you want to get covered by and ask for introduction.
- Contact bloggers in your niche and tell them about your product or service.
4. Social Media
Look for the social networks that make more sense for you and start sharing. Twitter and Facebook are the basic ones you should be using. If you are in Fashion, then you should consider also Pinterest, Instagram and Tumblr. If you are in B2B, Linkedin is your social network.
Inbound marketing is a marketing technique of creating and distributing relevant and valuable content to engage potential customers. Become a thought leader in your space. Offering something of value will drive customers to you. Quora is a great place to reach many target markets and get recognized for it. By asking questions, people are taking a proactive approach to consuming content marketing. Tweeting something self-promotional is annoying, but tweeting something interesting or valuable will get people to engage with you.
6. Strategic Partnerships
A distribution or other strategic partnership with companies or organizations that serve your target market can be helpful in driving user adoption. Identify those companies and organizations and find a way to make a deal mutually beneficial. Partnerships are usually structured as a fee per acquisition or revenue share — revenue share is lower risk.
Still can’t figure out how to boost your traffic? Let’s work together on your Digital Marketing Strategy